Refunds, Credits, and Transfers
Don't Come Days
Locations, Directions, and Where to Park
Our regular office hours are:8:30am to 9:30pm - Monday through Thursday8:30am to 5:00pm - Friday8:00am to 2:00pm - Saturday
December 14 to January 4, the office will be closed on Saturday.
Saturday office hours will resume January 11.
December 16-20, 2013
December 23-27, 2013
Wednesday: The office is closed
December 30-31, 2013
January 1-3, 2014
Wednesday: The office is closed.
Thursday and Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm
January 6-11, 2014
Don't Come On These Days
Monday, January 20
Monday-Saturday, February 17-22
Thursday, February 27
(No evening classes in the Unified Arts Building)
If Brookline Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, Brookline Adult & Community Education classes
(day and evening) are canceled at all locations. If it begins to snow later in the day, evening cancellations will be posted on our
website and out-going voicemail message, and will be announced via local radio and television stations. Saturday cancellations will be
posted on our website and out-going voicemail message. All missed classes due to snow will be made up at the end of the term.
Most textbooks can be purchased at Brookline Booksmith,
279 Harvard Street, Brookline. Please let the Booksmith staff know that you are a BA&CE student and which course you
are enrolled in, and they will provide the appropriate text. Books can also be ordered from the Booksmith by phone with a
MasterCard or Visa by calling 617-566-6660.
If you would like to enroll in a Spanish course but are uncertain of your level, please complete BA&CE's
Spanish placement test.
If you would like to enroll in an English as a Second Language course but are uncertain of your level, please complete BA&CE's
ESL placement test.
Refunds, Credits, and Transfers
Please note that our policies have recently changed; please read the following carefully.
We will refund your full tuition:
- In the event that your course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- If you withdraw from a class at least three business days (72 hours) in advance of starting time, minus a $10 processing fee. After this time, no refunds are given. If you elect to receive a course credit (valid for the next two terms), the $10 processing fee will be waived. The $6 registration fee is non-refundable, unless we cancel due to low enrollment.
- Food and Wine Classes: In order to receive a refund or a credit for a food or wine course or a food or wine fee we must have at least five (5) business days notice in advance of the starting time of the class. No refunds or credits are given after this time.
- Special events and lectures are non-refundable.
- No refunds or credits are given for rescheduled classes or changes to instructors.
- Refunds will not be given in cash. Credit card refunds will be processed within five to seven business days. Refunds issued by check will be processed within two to four weeks.
If you choose to withdraw from a class at least three business days in advance of the start date, you may elect to receive a full credit (food and wine fees excluded). After this time, no credits are given, but you may transfer to another course during the same term (please see transfer policy below). Please note: credits are good for two terms only and are non-refundable. A verification letter with an issue date and credit amount will be mailed.
- You may transfer to any other class offered during the term prior to the second meeting of the class you are dropping, provided that there is space available in the class you wish to transfer to. This excludes transfer from one food or wine class to another. No refunds are given for price differences, but any additional amount can be applied to another course in the same term.
- We regret that no transfers can be granted after the second session of your class.
Return to Top